The semester is coming to an end and finals are right around the corner! Whether this is your first semester or your last, finals can be sneaky. Will you be ready for the stressful week ahead?
UWGB COMM seniors offered a few helpful tips to get the grades you want:
- Study with a partner or a small group
- Reviewing with another person can help you fill in the gaps of information you are missing.
- Treat yourself
- Get a venti from Starbucks after a good study session.
- Give yourself time for some self-care. Take a break; go for a walk. You need it.
- Get enough sleep
- Set alarms – and go to sleep early. You don’t want to be exhausted going into the exam so, get a good amount of sleep.
- Dress for success
- Look Good/Feel Good. When you feel good, you look good 🙂
- Quiz yourself
- Make flashcards manually or do it virtually on Quizlet. This allows you to make mistakes before the actual test.
- Attend a review session
- Not sure what to focus on while studying? Review sessions will provide the main points of the exam. You don’t want to miss it!
- Meet with your professor or TA
- Your professor is no doubt a good source to provide useful insights and helpful advice before the big day.
- Don’t procrastinate. Start now.
- Start studying, writing final papers, and prepping for that BIG presentation Start TODAY!
- Make a study guide.
- If the professor doesn’t provide one, make your own. Go back to your lecture notes and highlight what’s important. Unsure? Reach out to a classmate, or your professor.
Take a breather, we can all get through this together! GOOD LUCK PHOENIX!
TYPO? Did you spot a typo or grammatical error in this story? Report it NOW to The Grammar Police so we can fix it before a potential employer – or one of our parents – sees it and busts us! Report it: HERE! Thank you.