Want to make a difference? Giving back to those less fortunate is always an opportunity for you to lend a hand. Whether you’re a student or a university employee, there are many ways you can bring joy to someone this holiday season.
The Green Bay community has a handful of non-profit orgs aiming to help both families and individuals during the holidays. And they need all the help they can get – BiG, or small: 10 for You to Consider:
- Donate to UWGB Campus Cupboard and Clothes Closet.
- Volunteer at a non-profit organization such as:
⦁ The Salvation Army
⦁ Paul’s Pantry
⦁ The Freedom House
⦁ The Humane Society
⦁ Children’s Hospital
⦁ Green Bay Botanical Garden Light Show
⦁ Mauthe Center
⦁ Einstein Project, Inc.
- Caroling in nursing homes or hospitals.
- Foster an animal from a shelter
- Bake cookies for homeless shelters.
- Become an ELS mentor at Literacy Green Bay.
- Knit and donate blankets/hats/gloves to families in need.
- Donate to Toys for Tots.
- Fundraiser for a cause that you care about.
- DIY Care Package for the homeless.
Students shared how they will give back (below):
Even small efforts can have a BiG impact – especially for families who receive all the love and joy from those willing to help. Consider giving back: Go BiG – or go small = It all works! Happy Holidays!
TYPO? Did you spot a typo or grammatical error in this story? Report it NOW to The Grammar Police so we can fix it before a potential employer – or one of our parents – sees it and busts us! Report it: HERE! Thank you.