- THIS year, video will account for 80% of global internet traffic; 85% in the U.S.
- 50% of consumers believe the right length for an explainer video is 1 minute; video content of up to 2 minutes long get the most engagement.
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text.
- Video marketers get 66% more qualified leads per year.
- Video marketers achieve a 54% increase in brand awareness.
- 84% of consumers have bought something after watching a video.
- Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from SERPs.
- Video on a landing page can increase conversions by 80% or more.
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users.
- 81% of consumers mute video ads.
- Captions boost video shares by 15%, and 26% more CTA click-thrus.
- 85% of Facebook users watch video without audio.
- 91% of videos with subtitles are watched to completion, compared to 66% of videos without captions.
- Facebook tallies 8 billion average daily video views; Snapchatters watch 10 billion videos a day, and 82% of Twitter users watch video content on Twitter.
- 65% of people who watch the first three seconds of a Facebook video will watch for at least 10 seconds, and 45% will watch for 30 seconds.
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined.
- 77% of colleges offer online courses.
- 86% of colleges and universities have a presence on YouTube.
- The big finale:
- 68% of educators believe that video content stimulates discussions.
- 66% believe video increases student motivation.
- 55% believe it helps teachers be more creative.
- 62% believe video helps teachers be more effective. 61% believe video is preferred by students.